GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK
Terms and conditions of use & purchase from this groceries Site
GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK Online Groceries Service strives to provide a 1st class home shopping service for Diabetic Friendly and Gluten Free groceries, along with other household products.
Set out below are the terms & conditions that relate to the use of this site and the purchase\placing of orders.
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
“You” and “Your” means the person ordering Goods from GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK, whom must be over 18 years of age.
“GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK ” or “We” or “Us” or “Our” means GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK Ltd. whose registered office is at GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK Suite 2033 Kent Space, 6-8 Revenge Road, Lordswood, Chatham, Kent . ME5 8UD
“Account” means your details and shopping history which is created when you register to shop through the Our Groceries Site.
“Deliver” means us delivering the goods that you order to the address stated in Your order (and that address must be within our delivery area) and “Delivery” and “Delivered” shall be interpreted accordingly.
“Site” or “Website” means Our Groceries Website at https://www.goodlifefood.co.uk
2.1 Use of and access to the Site
2.1.1 From time to time it will be necessary for us to carry out maintenance on the Site which may result in occasional periods of downtime.
2.1.2 We cannot guarantee that the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free. We do all we can to ensure that defects in the Site will be corrected.
2.1.3 You can use the Site to browse and buy groceries and household products from us and to manage your account with Us but not for any other purpose.
2.2 Content of the Site
2.2.1 We may update the Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. Although we try to update the information on the Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, that the content on the Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
2.2.2 We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
2.2.3 All rights, including without limitation any intellectual property rights, in any data on the Site, or any part of the Site, provided by Us or You, or any third party, such as for example Your shopping list or favourite items (the Data) will automatically be owned by GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK . You agree that You are not allowed to use the Data, or permit any third party to use it, without Our express permission. If the law prevents us from automatically owning any rights in the Data, you now assign such rights to us.
2.2.4 You are responsible for configuring Your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Site. You should use Your own virus protection software.
2.2.5 You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, You would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing Your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, Your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
2.3 Governing Law
2.4 Changes to these Terms
- TERMS OF SALE
These terms of sale will apply if You place orders on Our Site.
3.1 Becoming a Customer
3.1.1 To place an order on Our Site You must be over 18 years of age, require Delivery in Our Delivery area and have a credit or debit card acceptable to Us in Your name.
3.1.2 When You register You will create a username and password which You must use whenever You shop with Us. You must treat Your username and password as confidential and must not disclose it to any third party. Please keep this information in a safe place because You will be responsible for all activities and orders made under Your password and username. If You think that someone else may either know or be using Your username and password, please contact Us immediately.
3.1.3 We reserve the right to decline a new customer registration or to suspend or disable Your Account at any time and at Our sole discretion.
3.2 Our Contract
3.2.1 Our Site invites You to buy goods from Us. Once You have placed an order on the Site We will send You an order acknowledgement by email setting out what You have ordered and the price of Your order. This is not an order confirmation or acceptance from Us. A legally binding contract with You will only arise once We have completed Delivery of the goods to You. At this time You become the owner of the goods. This means that You will have no legal liability in connection with Your order until Delivery is completed.
3.2.2 These terms regulate the supply of goods to You by GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK . Any other terms, conditions or representations (other than those made fraudulently or implied by statute) are excluded.
3.2.3 The failure of GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK to take any action in respect of a breach of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of their enforceability. We reserve our rights in respect of these terms and conditions at all times.
3.3.1 The price of the item(s) You order will be the price on the Site at the time You place Your order or amend Your order. If a new price or promotion is in place after You have placed Your order for example, a multi-buy offer or price reduction which may be advertised on the packaging of goods you have ordered, these prices and promotions will not be applied to Your order.
3.3.2 When ordering certain items such as fruit and vegetables it will be by weight. As it is difficult to select loose items such as these to an exact weight, when You order these items We’ll charge You for the actual weight picked – and We always try and get as near as possible to the weight You ordered.
3.3.3 In addition to the price, a Delivery charge as shown at checkout will also be payable by You.
3.3.4 There is no minimum order value associated with this groceries Site.
3.3.5 For Your protection and security, and in order to verify the debit or credit card details provided, We will contact Your card issuer and perform a 3DS authentication check, or if your card is not enabled we will request a pre-authorisation of 1p on the day You checkout Your order to request a pre-authorisation of 1p. We will verify Your card for 1p each time You amend Your order. It is important to point out that this pre-authorisation is NOT a charge to Your card and will not be billed to You. Your card issuer may hold this amount for a short period, but this will never be taken from Your account.
3.3.6 On the day of Delivery we will request a pre-authorisation for the amount of Your order at the time it was checked out, which is the amount shown to You when You confirm Your online order. We do this to ensure that the card details are still valid and that You have sufficient funds to complete the transaction. We take NO payments from Your account before Your order is Delivered.
3.3.7 We will debit the total value of Your checked out order once it has been Delivered. However, if there are differences between Your checked out order and the contents of Your Delivered, an adjustment will need to be made to the amount debited from Your debit or credit card. In the event the total value of goods Delivered is less than the checked out order amount (for example if an item was unavailable and removed from Your order or due to price changes in accordance with
3.3.8 All prices quoted are inclusive of any Value Added or other tax
3.4 Orders which fail to meet our usual high standards
3.4.5 When Your items are delivered please check that the order is not damaged. In the event that Your order is visibly damaged or in any way does not meet Our usual high standards, do not accept the order and tell Our driver when s/he makes the Delivery.
3.4.6 If you have accepted the order and subsequently discover that an item is damaged or faulty or in any way does not meet Our usual high standards please Let Us know as soon as possible if you wish to cancel your Order and do not continue to use your item(s). Please retain the original packaging where possible. You are responsible for the goods from Delivery and You must store the goods in the manner appropriate to the type of goods (e.g. keep chilled items chilled, frozen item frozen etc.) as We may require them to be returned and they must be returned to Us in the same condition as they were Delivered to, or Collected by, You. The returns policy for damaged or faulty items is set out below:
- Returns policy for items which are not liable to deteriorate, or expire rapidly – If You return an item(s) which is damaged or faulty, mis-described or parts are missing straightaway or within 30 days of delivery you may request either a full refund, a price reduction, or replacement. If You discover the item(s) is damaged, faulty, mis-described or parts are missing after 30 days from delivery, You may return the item(s) and request a replacement. If the replacement provided by Us is not satisfactory, You can then request either a refund or price reduction. Please note that sometimes it will not be possible for Us to provide a replacement for an item (e.g. because the product/parts no longer exist). In these circumstances GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK will offer You a refund or price reduction.
- Returns policy for items which are liable to deteriorate, or expire rapidly – If You are not happy with the quality of any item(s), We will happily offer you a replacement item(s) or refund the money paid for the item(s) if You let Us know before the expiry of the “use by” or “best before” date indicated on the item(s) or, where an item is loose and does not specify a “use by” or “best before” date, within 7 days after You received Your order. You must store the item(s) in the manner appropriate to the type of goods (e.g. keep chilled goods chilled) as We may require them to be returned and they must be returned to Us in the same condition they were Delivered to, or Collected by, You. Note that sometimes it will not be possible for Us to provide a replacement for an item (e.g. because the item no longer exists). In these circumstances We will offer you a refund for the item only.
3.4.7 If You are entitled to return goods or cancel Your order under clause 3.4 and We have already debited Your card, We will reimburse any sum received from You including the cost of the standard delivery charge if applicable, in respect of such goods by crediting the card You paid with. We shall not refund the difference between the standard delivery charge and any premium delivery charge you have selected when ordering the goods. Please note that We shall not be responsible for any return costs for goods returned unless they are faulty, or otherwise permitted by these terms.
Refunds can take up to 20 days to appear in your bank or credit card account. This may depend on which bank you use and where it is located. We will make any refunds within 14 days of receiving the goods back or if we are collecting the goods from you, within 14 days of receiving your notification to us that You wish to return the goods.
3.4.10 Your rights under UK or your national consumer legislation and any Manufacturer Guarantees are not affected.
3.5 Stock Shortages on Popular Goods
3.5.1 We do Our best to ensure that We have amazing availability but We do occasionally run out of some goods. When You place Your order We will ask if You would like Us to substitute an alternative similar product if Your chosen goods are not in stock at the time We dispatch Your order. If You do and when You receive Your order, You are not happy with the substitution, please Let Us Know as soon as You can so that We may handle this in accordance with clause 3.4. Please read all information on the product label carefully including any accepted substituted products.
3.6 Delivering Your Goods
3.6.1 We always aim to Deliver Your goods within the Delivery slot We have agreed with You, but We cannot accept liability if We Deliver the goods outside of this slot or don’t Deliver all or any of the goods in Your order. Instances where it may not be possible to deliver Your order may include (but not limited to):
- where Our driver believes it is unsafe or impractical to approach the property
- where Our driver believes it is unsafe to deliver due to an uncontrolled/dangerous dog
- where Our driver cannot deliver to the property due to bad weather
3.6.2 Ownership of, and risk in, the goods will pass to You once We have Delivered Your order. Read all information on the product label carefully including any accepted substituted products. If the delivery address stated on Your order is not the address where You live We will not be liable for any damage or detriment to the goods caused by their onward delivery to You.
3.6.3 We can only Deliver to an address stored in Your address book in the Your Account section of Our Site. We can only make a Delivery to an address within Our delivery area.
3.6.4 Our commitment is to deliver Your order to Your front door and offer to take it into Your home. There may be circumstances where this may not be possible (including but not limited to):
- where Our driver believes they are at risk of injury;
- where Our driver believes any stairs to Your front door are structurally unsafe;
- where Our driver believes it is unsafe to enter the property;
- where Our driver has not received clear permission to enter the property.
3.6.5. We are an ethical retailer and are committed to upholding both our legal and social obligations as a retailer of products. To achieve this position, we have a number of control checks throughout our purchase and delivery process, for example, we will only deliver to somebody who is, in our reasonable opinion, aged 18 or over.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the person accepting delivery is over 18 and can demonstrate this to us if challenged. If we are not satisfied that the person accepting delivery is over the age of 18, then we may not hand over your delivery. If there is no one at the Delivery address who is 18 years of age or over, we’ll leave notification of Our visit and will return the goods to Our distribution point. We’ll then contact You to arrange re-Delivery at a convenient time. You may have to pay another Delivery charge for this.
3.7 What We are Not Liable For
3.7.1 Whilst We take every care to Deliver Your order or provide Your order for Collection (as applicable), We cannot be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage or loss of profits or reliance You had in having the goods Delivered arising out of Our supply or failure to supply the goods to You.
3.7.2 Nothing in this Agreement shall in any way limit Our liability for death or personal injury resulting from Our breach of contract, tort or negligence nor limit any legal rights You have as a consumer.
3.7.3. The goods are sold to You on the basis that You are a consumer therefore We will not be liable for any special losses that You might suffer using, re-distributing or reselling the goods as part of a business.
3.7.4 With the exception of faulty goods or returns made in accordance with clause 3.4 of these terms, We shall not be liable for goods once they have been Delivered to the delivery address, stated in Your order and if You ask a third party to move, transport or deliver the goods to any other address following Our Delivery or Your Collection, We shall not be liable for anything that that third party might do to the goods.
3.8 Use of Cards
3.8.1 If You find Your card has been used without Your authority please tell Us within 24 hours of finding out. You must also tell Your card issuer within the time limits You agree in Your card scheme rules.
3.8.2 You must pay for Your order using a UK based credit or debit card.
3.9 Expiry Dates
3.9.1 The colleagues who put together Your order are carefully trained to select goods with a reasonable amount of time left on the expiry date. However, please note that some fresh produce items naturally only have limited shelf life when they arrive at our distribution point, therefore it is reasonable for them to have a shelf life of less than three days when they are Delivered.
3.10.1 eVouchers are valid only on Grocery shopping orders placed on Our Groceries Site subject to these general terms and conditions. Your use of an eVoucher indicates Your agreement to be bound by these eVoucher terms and any eVoucher terms on the eVoucher itself. GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK will only honour an eVoucher if it is used in line with these terms and conditions of issue.
3.10.2 eVouchers that have not been issued by GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK cannot be used on Our Site.
3.10.3 eVouchers that have been issued by GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK are and shall remain the property of GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK .
3.10.4 eVouchers can be added to Your Account by entering the code at checkout or in the Your Promotions/eVouchers section in Your Account. To apply an eVoucher to Your order You must select it in the promotions section at checkout. Use of an eVoucher may be subject to You providing proof of entitlement to use the eVoucher.
3.10.5 Each eVoucher issued is subject to specific terms and conditions of use. Unless expressly stated otherwise:
- eVouchers are not transferable and there is no cash alternative available.
Each eVoucher issued may be subject to other terms and conditions of use which may include, amongst other things:
- only for use on orders of a specific value;
- only for use on a first order by a new customer;
- only valid on orders that must contain a specific product, or a combination of specific goods;
- may specifically exclude certain goods (which will always be tobacco, infant formula milk
- cannot be used in conjunction with either specific eVoucher(s) or any other eVoucher(s) whatsoever.
3.10.6 All eVouchers have an expiry date. After the expiry date the eVoucher will be removed from Your Account.
3.10.7 All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last.
3.10.9 GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK reserves the right to withdraw or cancel any of its eVouchers at any time, either as a whole or for specific goods, or Delivery areas. If this happens, then the eVouchers may not be used for any orders placed after the date of withdrawal or cancellation. GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK reserves the right to reject or cancel the use of an eVoucher where fraud or illegal misuse is suspected.
3.10.10 All eVouchers are, and will remain at all times, the property of GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK and are not transferable or for resale.
3.10.11 No eVoucher may be copied, reproduced, published or distributed directly or indirectly in any form for use by anyone other than the original recipient.
3.10.12 In using an eVoucher You warrant that You are the duly authorised recipient of it. If You redeem or attempt to redeem an eVoucher to which You are not entitled You may be committing a civil or criminal offence.
3.10.13 If We believe that any eVoucher is being misused illegally or where fraud is suspected, GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK reserve the right to withdraw or cancel an eVoucher and take any further action as GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK deem appropriate.
3.10.14 You will have no claim against GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK in respect of such rejection or cancellation of an eVoucher.
3.10.15 GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK shall not be liable to any customer or household for any financial loss arising out of the cancellation or withdrawal of any eVoucher or any failure or inability of a customer to use an eVoucher for any reason.
If we attempt to deliver your order and you are not at the address you have stipulated on the agreed day and time we will charge you for any additional delivery that we need to make for that order.
These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Changes to these Terms
If we make any changes to these terms and conditions we will let you know as soon as possible by posting the changes on Goodlife Food & Drink Groceries.
For any queries please contact our Customer Services team on the details below:
GOODLIFE FOOD & DRINK
Unit 4, Fareham Business Park,
Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Goodlife Food & Drink via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Goodlife Food & Drink, or us||Goodlife Food & Drink of Unit 4, Fareham Business Park, Lederle Lane, Gosport, Hampshire, PO13 0FE;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronxic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Goodlife Food & Drink and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Goodlife Food & Drink and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, https://www.goodlifefood.co.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Goodlife Food & Drink is the “data controller”. This means that Goodlife Food & Drink determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Goodlife Food & Drink will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – so we can get you to the products most relevant to your purchasing history and update our data to bring new products;
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- We are certified to SOC 2. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Goodlife Food & Drink to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
16 July 2018
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|oocommerce_cart_hash||contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes|
|wp_woocommerce_session_||contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies|
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|wp_woocommerce_session_||contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies|